Of course! I plan to cosplay him next year :) so I’d be happy too!
All credit goes to paperheartsplasticreindeer!
I only added the shirt links.
Facial contouring? Sure! I need to know about that myself XD
We’ll see what we can do!
Abaddon, Cosplay Refs and Help
Blue Dress: The outfit we meet Abaddon in. Structured on a modified vintage swing dress pattern from the 1950’s. In the show it’s likely made of silk taffeta but silver dull sheen satin works nearly as well for those on a budget. Wear with a semi-floofy petticoat, simple pearl earrings and a single strand of short-length pearl necklace, off-white sheer stockings or tights, and white satin low heels.
A really fantastic example: (1)
The Devil Made Me Do It: Both simple and comfortable, this seems to be the go-to look for this character at cons. The Devil Made Me Do It shirt can be purchased or the image screen printed on a plain black shirt. In the show the shirt has a medium scoop neck, although many of the shirts available for purchase are higher-necked. She rocks it with tight black pants (black skinny jeans are ideal!), black combat boots, a silver-buckled, silver-studded black belt, and a black leather jacket with silver metallic details. Ideally the sleeves should be fitted and hit a few inches above the wrist, while the jacket proper tapers down to the waist.
Bus driver uniform: Honestly I could only find the one good screencap from when Abaddon leans around from the driver’s seat, and obviously that’s not a great shot for full-outfit analysis. That said, it looks like a standard sort of driver uniform, with matching slacks and coat in a structured pattern made of a dark blue-gray material. It has a green and white circle patch on the upper right sleeve, with the top lettering saying “SOUTH CAL”, the middle logo possibly a anchor-winged cross topped by a three point crown, and the bottom lettering indistinguishable to my terrible eyes. The shirt is a standard collared shirt a bit darker than robin egg blue. I’d guess at black or brown low-no heel dress shoes, with black socks. The hat is a dark blue material and has a front visor, a two-inch tight black band (the front of which has a 3/4 inch shiny black band pinned on by silver rivets), and a cap that extends 1.5-2 inches from the band.
Modern: Very similar to the Devil Made Me Do It look, the only real difference is the shirt. Instead of having a graphic, it’s a plain black medium scoop neck and occasionally bullet-riddled; sleeve length/existence is optional. She also wears the leather jacket zipped up more often than not, and wears her hair down.
- Wig: (note: if you want to pull it up into an updo, make sure it’s lacefront or full lace! Otherwise, the wig line will show. But keep in mind you should attach it to your head with spirit gum or lacefront tape for it to stay.) You’ll want to go for a Dark Copper Red color, between 28 and 34 inches in length. Some good ones: (1)[good recs for a FtM cosplay!] (2) (3) (4)[good quality lace for reasonable prices, but color may be tricky; the closest I can figure on the color chart is a 350 but play around! You can always dye it later.]
- Nails: Bright red, and about 2 millimeters past the fingertip.
- Eyes: To be perfectly honest if you’re on a budget and don’t already have black lenses, you might want to skip this because they’re pricey and it’s not worth it to skimp where eye safety is concerned (I should know - I almost lost an eye once because of an infection from my contact!). If you do go with lenses, keep in mind that sclera lenses leave the pupil uncovered so you can see properly, so if you choose to go with a non-sclera set you may need to make arrangements to help you get around (although they’re less problematic for photoshoots). Make sure your hands and the environment are very clean, and always follow the instructions for safe use.
- Makeup: Bright red lipstick, smeared to preference and based on outfit, with pearly white shadow all over eyelid, light brown shadow in crease, and black liquid liner, slightly winged. If you’re rocking the Devil Made Me Do It post-neck slice, use a gray-blue powder to ring your eyes for the exhausted look. Amp up the smokey eye if you’re rocking her modern outfit! (1) (2)
- Neck: Only really applicable to the Devil Made Me Do It outfit, check out these tutorials: (1)[easy and cheap!] (2)[a slightly more sophisticated general open wound technique]
- Making fake blood
- Buying and working with wigs
- Curling a wig with hot water
- Curling a wig with heat
- Uniform hat tutorial (this is just a basic pattern; I’d leave more room in the top section, insert some thin posterboard to keep it stiff, and make the visor a bit wider and longer. You’ll also have to substitute your own materials)
River Song Cosplay Refs and Help.
Silence in The Library
Suit: I can’t help you much with this one, sorry. I can tell you its a racing suit in white, slightly quilted with black embroidery. It has a belt as well. The helmet and collar will need to be made. I can link you to a few things though! The gloves are ski gloves and the shoes are moon boots or snow boots, Kamik Lunar Snow boots is a good plain brand.
Tutorial for Vasta Narada Cosplay: 1
Helmet pattern: 1.
Any should do, try sports stores, ski stores etc.
You may have to spray them white.
Time of Angels
Dress: Custom made. Shear/see through fabric for the arms. Flowing black tress with a silver trim with orange beads around the collar and under the chest. Deep V neck.
Top it off with a dark red purse.
Shoes: Bianca 140 Platform Pumps. Anything similar should be fine because these shoes are bloody expensive.
Flesh and Stone
Suit: British Desert BDU. I can’t seem to find a full suit. So you may have to buy the pants and top separately. She wears a matching padded, tan, belt over it with a holster for her gun.
Try military surplus stores, army/camping supply stores and ebay.
The Pandorica Opens/ The Big Bang
Pants: Dark brown, possibly riding pants. Almost chocolate. Appear green in promo shots but in the episode they are brown. Tights possibly, yoga pants. Any should be fine so long as they are the right colour and can have a holster attached to a leg.
Shoes: Suade brown boots. Any almost knee high will do.
Jacket: Diesel Gilet jacket. I found several links online but all seem to be outdated. There was a similar one at Forever 21, Delias, Stanzino, Miss Selfridge. Basically just look for a white zip up jacket with a wide collar.
Vest: Topshop vest. Furry/wooly, cream. Any should be fine. You don’t really need it. You can do the cosplay without it as she is not wearing it every second. XD. I couldn’t find it at top shop though. Apologies!
Belts: All Saints belt is the big one. Buy/find a big, thick brown belt. If it doesn’t have all the holes, you may have to make them. I’ve seen some people do that and it’s turned out great!
I believe you Americans call the second a fanny pack? Which is weird because the fanny is…at the front. (we dont call the bum a fanny). In brown leather should be fine.
Add a leg holster in matching brown.
The Impossible Astronaut
This should be fairly easy.
Jacket: Levi Trucker Jacket in blue sandstorm. Any blue denim jacket will do. Gold/bronze buttons.
Pants: Any blue jean pants that match the jacket. Any. Probably are Levi’s too.
Top: Plain women’s white blouse with v neck and collar.
I can’t help you with the belt. It’s very fancy and red brown leather, the holster is attached to it.
But it’s as simple as that.
Day of the Moon (same outfit for A Good Man Goes To War)
Dress: All Saints Zeeda Dress. Long, sleeveless, light grey or tan with a zip and toggles. Try ebay. Asos had them but they’re out of stock? You could always make it, like this person.
Belt: see above. Second needed to hang a leather bag and holster off.
Tights/Leggings: Black. Any will be fine.
Shoes: All Saints Criollo Boots. Long black boots with buckles on the sides.
Let’s Kill Hitler
Dress: Sparkle and Fade dress by Urban Outfitters. Kind of a light brown with dark brown patches. Worn over black tights.
Vest: All Saints Manu Gilet Vest.
Shoes: Long black/dark brown lace up boots.
The Wedding of River Song
Blouse/Jacket:Based on the All Saints Karen Vest. Sleeves added. You will probably have make this or modify something.
Pattern similar to jacket: 1.
Vest: 1 (Needs sleeves and ruffles).
Skirt: Pencil skirt in black or dark grey. Any should be fine. Just below knee length. Worn if black tights.
Shoes: Ovid heels. Black. Sold out. Can’t find any at ebay. Black heels should be fine unless you can add white/clear plastic or something to cover the heel lol.
Angels In Manhattan
Dress/Top +Skirt: Can’t decide which. Probably a fabric like chiffon. Has sequins. Is either a dress with a corset over it or a top and skirt with a corset possibly attached to the top? You could buy a black flowy dress and buy or make a corset and wear it over the top?
Corset: Apparently an overbust corset. In black. Shiny fabric. You can buy corsets at various places~ Don’t just use the links below, look everywhere.
World List: 1.
*for other places please ask me*
Melody Malone: Black top, tan trench coat, open enough to reveal boobs. Hat is possibly a black fedora. Something that dips in the middle at least. Top it off with the book. Which I can only find in ebook form :/
The Name of The Doctor
No refs for this yet. I will add them as they appear.
Wig: Usually loose. Sometimes done up. Gold, blonde etc, and very curly.
Arda: A Glinda in Dark Ash Blonde or a Ginger Blonde. But check all the blondes before you decide. A glinda would be perfect though.
Communicator isn’t sold. I’ve seen some people suggest using an icepack as a base. Like these ones.
Lipstick. Various other guns.
Any more questions, please ask! (but don’t spam)
Assuming from the comic, though I have seen a lolita loki. I can try!